Author: Jane Austen
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 431 pages
Published: September 19 2019
- Restored to the grammar, spelling, and punctuation of the 1813 Egerton first edition, save clear errors
- Forward by the editor
- Notes on historical context, including entails, debt, housekeeping, etiquette, and travelling
- Notes on Austen's grammar
- Detailed annotations for each volume
- List of recommended further reading
The novel needs no introduction. But readers may not have realised that we have been losing “Pride and Prejudice” over the years, particularly digitally. Grammar, spelling, and punctuation have eroded significantly from the 1813 Egerton first edition, and many digital copies suffer from poor formatting.
In 2017, the 200th anniversary of Jane Austen’s death, her “darling Child” has been painstakingly restored to the three-volume 1813 first edition. Adjustments have only been made where there were errors in the 1813 text, and are noted in detailed annotations at the end of the novel.
Please enjoy this beloved story, restored to Jane Austen’s original voice.